The Vancouver Nighthawks are looking for enthusiastic, talented individuals to join our amazing team!
From coaches, to front office, to game-day staff, there are plenty of opportunities for those who love sports and have a passion for building something great. Check out our current opportunities and be a part of growing the sport of ultimate and the Vancouver Nighthawks. We are also always on the lookout for new on-field talent. Find out how to Play for the Nighthawks.
- Content Manager
- On-Air Talent
- Team Staff
JOB DESCRIPTION / REQUIREMENTS:
- Establish and maintain a weekly content schedule covering written articles, sponsorship activation and social media posts.
- Hire, manage and serve as editor for writing and social media interns.
- Work in tandem with league’s Content Manager.
- Produce written and short form content for distribution on team websites and social media platforms.
- Maintain posting standars
- Must be 18+
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Must be detail oriented and have strong organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with AP Style.
Must have availability for 100% of Home Games. To apply send a resume and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
Statisticians are responsible for accurately entering live statistics into the MLU statistical database during home games. Reporting to the league’s Statistical Research & Analysis Coordinator to assure statistics accuracy after games completion. This is a paid position, use of a personal laptop computer is required. JOB DESCRIPTION / REQUIREMENTS:
- Keep live statistics during all in-market home games.
- Accurately record multiple data points.
- Work in tandem with Statistics Coordinator during lead up to games and at the end of game-day.
- Hours: Arrive 1 hour before first pull. Commitment runs through end of game.
- Must be 18+
- Must have use of personal laptop
- Ability to work well in a team
- Must be detail oriented and have strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Games are held on weekends
Must have availability for 100% of Home Games. Compensation is on a per game basis. To apply send a resume to email@example.com
Major League Ultimate is seeking on-air talent for their live-streamed ultimate frisbee games. The League is looking for play-by-play and color commentators with broadcast experience. A working knowledge of the game of ultimate is preferred, but in the case of play-by-play applicants, not required.
- Preparing for each game by reviewing rosters, scripts and notes provided by the league.
- Conducting pre-game interviews as requested by the league.
- Assisting the production operator in the setup and testing of live stream equipment.
- Calling the game including game action, commentary, sponsor reads and league news.
- Conducting post-game interviews as requested by the league.
- Day-rate compensation will be based on experience.
The Nighthawks will need the help of various staff for the preseason, season and post-season. If you are interested in working with the Nighthawks and getting an up close and personal experience with the team, consider applying to be an join the team staff.
- Film Staff: Film staff assists with the filming of all Nighthawks games and team events.
- Gameday Staff: Game Day staff assists the management staff in running the game-day operations.
- Graphic Design Staff: Graphic Design Staff are responsible for assisting the design team with the graphics requirements of the Nighthawks’ website and other media.
- Management Staff: Management Staff assists the management staff with the day-to-day responsibilities of running and supporting the team.
- Social Media Staff: Social Media Staff is responsible for helping the team’s Content Manager with all team social media accounts during the game.
- Writing Staff: Writers are responsible for writing articles about the team, as well as previews and recaps of each game, which will then be published on the team website. This is an unpaid position.
To apply send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org